Friday, July 29, 2011

LIFE @ AHMEDABAD

A new place, a new beginning. That was the only thing in my mind when I landed in Ahmedabad. My life was uneventful and I was going to change that. So what difference does it make that I got 92% in my boards or I screwed up my CLAT. This was my destiny and I am here in Ahmedabad, Institute of Law, Nirma University. This is where I belong. Little did I expect that this one month is going to change my life forever. There are different types of people you meet in Ahmedabad,(I am not stereotyping, this is only my view! I am open to criticism)

1.  The people who revolve their life around “STATUS”, a single word which breaks or makes relationships. The only thing they are worried about is who they are, where they are from and their status in collage. In simple terms, whether they are cool or geeky, a stud or a nerd. They tend to stick to people they think are applicable according to their in-built rules.
2.  
    The second group- I’ll term them the “GOOD ONES”, they are really rare and I believe one can find a silverback gorilla in the jungles of Africa (they are extremely rare!) than find a person from this category. They’ll be helpful, kind and they are the ones who’ll be there no matter what. These are the type of people you need in your life especially if you don’t know Guajarati or Hindi (like me) to help you through
3.  
    The biggest group found here are the “WANNA-BE’S”. They are everywhere and there’s a new one born every day. They want to be cool or they want to be nerdy. They want to be noticed or they want to be popular. They are the ones you want to avoid. They’ll eat away at you or just back talk about you to make it big .
   
    I observe people. I love to read them and see their outcome of their decisions. Not exactly a trait of a lawyer but that’s just me. Making or breaking relationships are a part of collage life. I’ve learnt a lot in this one month here. And it has given me an insight on what to expect out of the 5 years am going to stay here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment